Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Beth Davis creates an atmosphere for learning while juggling the demands of home and work - Business First of Columbus:

gardellaorymiid1354.blogspot.com
“I manage the reaffirmation of accreditation (for the on an ongoing basis. A requiremenyt of the accreditation … is the Qualityh Enhancement Plan, and I chair that plan. “I act as a liaisonm between other areas of the university in termsof budget, contract issues, faculty and staff contract policy. I also handle academid grievancesand appeals.” What the best part aboutf your job? “I like that my job is different every day and that I do deal with a lot of areaws of the university and a lot of differen t topics. I like interacting with students. “I’ved never worked in academiq before.
… I knew that Bellarmin e was on the cusp of great thingasand growing.” What is the most challenging part of your job and how do you deal with it? “I really enjoy the challenges in my job. Rightt now my challenge is beinbg a newworking mom. “Before I could put in ‘X’ amounft of hours a day. If I needed to finish somethin gup … I could stay until 6 o’clock and now I don’tt have that option because I have to pick (my up. “I am still working on being a good mom and a good You are a 2008 graduate ofIgnite Louisville, what did you take from it and how did you like that experience?
“I did not need a push to be involved with the I am still involved with and I have been engagedr with other Habitats as a young person. Community involvement is a no brainerfor me, but I movedf into a different part of communit involvement. … Now I am on the boarsd of directors of KentuckyShakespears Festival. “Also, the people I met. I’vw not been around that many peopledmy age, like me in my work environment. It was just nice to be arounrd people like me and my age withsimilae interests.” You mention you still are involvedf with Habitat even though you don’t work therd anymore. What do you do for them?
“I work closelu with the development and I’m chairing part of an event they are having in What drives you to succeed? “I’vs always wanted to try to do my best. It gives me great pleasure and personal satisfaction towork hard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment